Amazon Pinpoint makes it easy to run targeted campaigns to drive user engagement in mobile apps by using targeted push notifications, you can increase message relevance and effectiveness, measure engagement, and continually improve your campaigns.
Amazon Pinpoint is a flexible and scalable outbound and inbound marketing communications service. You can connect with customers over channels like email, SMS, push, or voice. Amazon Pinpoint is easy to set up, easy to use, and is flexible for all marketing communication scenarios. Segment your campaign audience for the right customer and personalize your messages with the right content. Delivery and campaign metrics in Amazon Pinpoint measure the success of your communications. Amazon Pinpoint can grow with you and scales globally to billions of messages per day across channels.
AWS Pinpoint Features:
- Suits OFFICIAL
- Available in 2 EU Regions (Ireland and Frankfurt), and internationally
- NCSC Cloud Security Principles aligned, Security Cleared (SC) staff available
- Connectivity options: N3, HSCN, PSN, Police (ex-PNN), Janet, RLi, others
- Deploy into automated Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS), Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) architectures
- Pay Per Query – Only pay for data scanned
- Built on Presto. Runs standard SQL.
- Interactive performance even for large datasets
- interactive query service analyzing data in Amazon S3 using SQL
- Serverless, pay only for the queries you run
Amazon Pinpoint Benefits:
- Integrated role-based access control across all AWS services (IAM)
- Comprehensive, cross service API audit logging and security (CloudTrail)
- Integration with other AWS services (24×7 support and consolidated billing)
- Training and architectural patterns/guidance (well architected)
- Understand User Behaviour
- Create Targeted Campaigns
- Targeted and timely delivery of messages
- Measure Results by tracking a campaign’s impact on user engagement
- Scalable: start small and scale as your application grows
- Flexible payment structure
What’s a standard campaign?
Standard campaigns include a targeted segment (either static or dynamic), a message, and a schedule for sending the message. You can also reuse previously defined segments or define a new segment when you create a campaign. For every scheduled campaign, Amazon Pinpoint recalculates the current audience size based on the criteria associated with the segment.
What’s an A/B test campaign?
A/B campaigns are campaigns with more than one treatment. Each treatment differs from the other based on the message or the sending schedule. You can compare the response rates for each treatment to determine which one had a bigger impact on your customers.
What are event-based campaigns?
Event-based campaigns send messages, such as text messages, push notifications, and emails, to your customers when they take specific actions within your applications, such as making purchases or watching a video. For example, you can set up a campaign to send a message when a customer creates a new account or when they add an item to their cart but don’t purchase it. You can create event-based campaigns by using the Amazon Pinpoint console, or by using the Amazon Pinpoint API. Event-based campaigns are an effective way to implement both transactional use cases, such as one-time-password and order confirmation messages, and targeted uses cases, such as marketing promotions. Rather than define a time to send your message to customers, you select specific events, attributes, and metric values that you want to use to trigger your campaigns.
What is an activity in a journey?
Journeys automate multi-step campaigns. Each activity in a journey is either an action (such as sending an email), a time-based wait, splitting the journey segment based on customer action (such as opening an email vs not opening the email) or enforcing a holdout.
What are custom events?
Custom events are event metrics that you define. They help track user actions specific to your application or game. The Amazon Pinpoint event charts provide a view of how often custom events occur. Custom events can be filtered based on attributes and their associated values.